When you start riding, you're generally still living with your parents and riding itself is an escape mechanism to just go and have fun away from family life with friends. Not many people at that stage consider where riding's going to take them (Except for sponsorship aspirations, perhaps), and as such the route that people take throughout their riding life is fairly winding and often changing.

It's interesting to look back and see how things have changed, and to reflect on where you are and where you've been. Thinking back to mini ramp sessions back home with some friends while I was back in high school, then comparing that to yesterday's ride, which took in an abandoned (and now converted) warehouse in my new home of Newcastle. Moving to a city purely to ride was something I often dreamed of doing when I was younger, so it's weird that it has, essentially, happened. It is a cliche to talk about "Where riding can take you", yet it still amazes me that the act of riding has led to me now living almost 300 miles from home, surrounded by friends I've only just met, having a load of fun while I put off the real world one more day at a time.

Yet more whack cameraphone photos, but the real camera should be coming out to play some time soon...











-ESC-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave any feedback.